How to memorize new English words

The basis of the language is words and grammar, that is, the rules according to which words are built in sentences. The more words you know, the more you learn in speech and text, the better you understand tagalog to english. Regular vocabulary replenishment is the key to a rich English language. So how do you learn and memorize new English words so that they do not fly out of your head as soon as you close the textbook?

Let’s start with the fact that there should be an understanding of what words you need. On average, a native speaker uses 1500-3000 words every day. He has about 20,000 words in active stock, and about 40,000 words in passive. Following the Pareto rule, it is worth starting with the most frequently used words. Here, for example, is a selection of The Oxford 3000. It will take you 2-4 months to learn them. And it’s worth it. This set of words will cover up to 90% of all texts, conversations, letters, publications. You can already guess the meaning of the remaining 10% of words and expressions from the context.

There are several basic tricks on how to memorize English words? You can combine them with each other or stop at one thing. The main thing in this business is regularity. Better 10 minutes daily than 3 hours once a month. It is better to repeat the learned words after a certain period of time than to memorize every day. It is better to memorize information in small parts, taking short breaks, then repeating it in an hour, day, week, month.

write down the words
You can make paper cards where a word is written on one side and a translation on the other. You can buy ready-made kits. As an alternative, instead of regular paper cards, you can use mobile applications and web-based memorization simulators. You can download the application on your phone with similar functions. Recommended:

Easy ten

Make up sentences
Words are better remembered in context. Make up sentences with words french to english from the list. Information is easier to remember if it is correlated with other impressions, as well as imaginations. The main thing is that the association should be bright and memorable, remembering which a new word or expression will pop up. The point is that the context in which an event occurs is sometimes more important to remember than the event itself.

For example, you need to remember the word courage (courage).

What I need at the moment is true courage. All I need now is true courage.

It is better if the proposals are directly related to your life, to your experience.

Arrange a dictation
You can ask a friend or teacher for help. You can arrange a dictation for yourself.

Option 1. Divide the sheet into 2 parts, write down the word in English on one side, and the translation on the other. Fold the sheet in half so that only the translation is visible, and on another sheet write the words in English. Repeat in reverse order.

Option 2. Read the words aloud and record on the recorder, pausing. Turn on the recording and write the translation.

Option 3. Method for advanced. Play an audio book or study dialogue at a slow speed. And start recording after the announcer. Then check the spelling in the script.

Write stories
Creative writing is an opportunity not only to saturate your speech with new turns, but also to learn how to play with words, joke, and recognize contexts. Write short stories, essays, social media posts. The story does not have to be coherent, it can be absurd, stupid, detective, mystical. The main thing is that you understand the context in which the words are used and what they mean. Write down frequently used phrases with this word or set expressions and phrases also in context. Find the use of new words in everyday speech.

Turn words into speech
For example, you learned the word lovely. Replace them with the usual beautiful. Make up dialogues, play first in front of a mirror. Then with friends or in a language club. And, of course, use all the words in your speech. Come up with your own situations where you would use the word. For effective memorization, it is desirable to meet the word in several different examples, so that a clear understanding of the use of what has been learned appears. Most importantly, don’t be shy. You will succeed!